LOVE

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 1:27


He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves.

Ephesians 1:5-6


Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.

Isaiah 1:17

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Greater Things

Bare with me guys and gals, it's another song post. But I was driving in the car and thinking about my sweet Nina and wondering what she was doing on the other side of the world, when I heard this song. 



Plum--I Need You Now

Well, everybody's got a story to tell
And everybody's got a wound to be healed
I want to believe there's beauty here
So, I guess you're tired of holding on
I can't let go, I can't move on
I want to believe there's meaning here


Chorus:
How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this"?-take away my sadness for her, my impatients in the wait and the unknowns of getting the funds
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?-I've been here, but keep falling back into fear
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.

Standing on a road I didn't plan-Huh, umm yea
Wondering how I got to where I am-whose idea was this any way (retorical question-I know this is what God called us here)
I'm trying to hear that still small voice
I'm trying to hear above the noise-You are there! You are there

Chorus

Though I walk, though I walk through the shadows
And I, I am so afraid
Please stay, please stay right beside me
With every single step I take


Lord-I know you are right beside me, please help me to keep my eyes on you! Thank you for being my Rock-my All , my everything! Thank you for not only being the God who is here with me in Florida, USA but also the same God who is with my baby in China Yulin City Shaanxi.
In church this morning the Pastor was preaching on John 14:12 I tell you the truth, ANYONE who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. He said a higher calling means deeper surrender, which leads to Greater things. I do believe adopting is our calling from God, allowing us-US of all people, to do Greater things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment