LOVE

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 1:27


He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves.

Ephesians 1:5-6


Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.

Isaiah 1:17

Sunday, May 19, 2013

LOA!!! And Other News...

CAN I GET A WHAT! It has been an INSANE last couple of weeks! Most of it having to do with planning our big Ice Cream social. (Which I'll get more to later.) BUT First-in the mist of all the craziness we got LOA!!!! LOA or letter of approval is a BIG step for those who are adopting internationally. It is the LOOOONGEST step to wait for. No one knows just why or how, but this wait has been anywhere from 12 to 100+ days! We were somewhere in the middle but more towards the short side of average. They say usually you travel about 8 to 10 weeks after LOA but there are so many variables coming up in China that there's just no knowing. There's a Dragon holiday coming up this month and also they are re-doing their computer files so that may take a week or more. :( Soooo we wait and see when the next move happens!
In other news Our Ice cream social was this last Friday! And let me just tell you-I have AMAZING friends and family that came out. I don't know if you all honestly know what it meant to see your faces! It wasn't just  to give money, but to stand behind us, and pray for us, and show us that we are not alone in this journey! I just can't say thank you enough to ALL of you!!! I hope to be posting some pictures soon! :)
In more news, my hubby and I had our 9 year anniversary this year!!! WOOO HOOO!!!! To which he spoiled me rotten! A Dunkin run for breakfast before I got out of bed (which I found out after the fact he was working in town so he didn't even HAVE to get up that early) and Sweet Frogs date later that night! I tell you all, if you hate mushy stuff turn away now! Because this man is amazing! He really is sweet and kind and involved and just...amazing. I'd go on and on but he really gets red in the face when I do! HA!!! I LOVE YOU!
Also this last Friday was my little man's 2nd birthday! AHHH someone please tell me when that happened?!?!?! I love this kid. He knows how to make me want to scream and laugh, cuddle and fight, sing and throw balls!!! He is 100% rough and tumble and 100% charm! I LOVE HIM!
ANNNND this coming week is my sweet girl Emma's birthday! 7 years olds...sigh...She is my competitive,  hard working, SUPER helpful, little mommy who wants a cell phone car keys and lip stick YESTERDAY! I have a feeling I will be telling this one to slooow down most of her life! HA!
Well, I've caught you up for now...stay tuned as I try to catch up as the week goes on! :)

Love you all!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment