LOVE

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 1:27


He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves.

Ephesians 1:5-6


Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.

Isaiah 1:17

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Where We Are Today

Hello! It's been awhile since we have chatted. So here is a little recap on all that is going on. We are moving on in our process and are nearing the finish line!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!  We just got our approval for the kiddos through Immigration and right now we are waiting to get the process of their Visas done and sent to us. Once we get that checked off all will be sent to China where our Article 5 will be dropped in Guangzhou, China where it will be processed for two weeks and then picked up and sent to  Beijing where we will wait for our Travel Approval!!!!! (See I told ya we were getting there!! :)) China has some pretty big holidays in October where they close every thing down completely so while it seems like we should be traveling in October that is going to hold us up.  

Other news, we are still selling our necklaces to raise money.  

Our first necklace was Our Connected Hearts or the Connected Red Thread
      
Next is our China LOVE



One of  our necklaces can be customized by country and colors. It has the verse Isaiah 1:17 over the country. We have a bronze pendant with ball chain or silver pendant with black leather necklace.





And last but not least is the FOREVER and FAMILY necklace. 
  



All of these can be seen on facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=405206946256946&set=pb.397732770337697.-2207520000.1378673875.&type=3&theater

Or you can email or message me on here! They are $15 plus free shipping.

My feelings at this point...

I am soooo excited to be this far. I look at how far we have come and I am AMAZED at how God could allow me to be apart of all of this! I have always said I wanted to adopt, but to actually step out on faith and do it? I am in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM patting myself on the back, I still can't believe it, but God makes us stronger than we think some times to do bigger things for Him, if we are only willing. To know how far we have come, spiritually, financially and emotionally. I have seen God in ways I never dreamed possible. We have talked, cried, wrestled and laughed with God. He has stretched me soooo much. And shown me more and more how to take Him out of the small box we have Him in. He can do things people, BIG things that we think are beyond what should or can happen. We started with NOTHING financially, to start this process, but through working and the hearts of family, friends and strangers we are so so much closer to being fully funded. And my love for God's children all over the world, has grown in ways that I never thought would happen. My heart for adoption has forever been touched. I have met friends who I truly believe will be lifelong sisters because of the laughter, tears and prayers we have shared along this journey. People have made comments about how amazing we are and I am so truly touched by them, but honestly, it is not me, it is the God that touched our hearts and allowed us the front row seat to His amazing Big picture.
But though we are soooo excited and learning and growing, I am honestly nervous too. I wonder what life will be like with 6 kids. I wonder how Nina and Isac will adapt to our family. I wonder how all of us will adapt to them. Will I be able to handle the special needs, I have friends who have children with special needs and I have always seen a special super woman quality in them that I am not very sure I posses.
 I am a true worrier at heart and as a very sweet friend of mine says very frequently, you think too much, but I am still trying daily to lean on Him and let Him lead us day by day.
 I can not WAIT for the day that my heart and mind aren't half here half there! (Although I am sure it will be again some day ;).) Until then....BRING IT ON I'm ready to go get my babies!!!!

Please pray we will be able to get the rest of the funds and that our progress keeps moving forward!

Thank you for hanging in 'till the end friends! We are soooo close!

SIDE NOTE--Those of you who come up to us at church and anywhere else for that matter and ask how much longer we want you to know how much we LOVE IT! Seeing your excitement makes us feel loved and excited to know our babies are loved so much!!! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment