LOVE

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 1:27


He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves.

Ephesians 1:5-6


Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.

Isaiah 1:17

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Overwhelming Gratitude




             We live in a day and age of technology. More specifically the internet is one that blows my mind. The internet brings people, information and things into our homes that we never thought would be possible.  While social media has harvested greed, envy and misunderstanding, leading to hurt feelings and frustration, it has also been a way for people to reach out to each other in times of needs. I have seen people reach through the social media to help others because of  hurricanes, floods, fires and all other types of other circumstances to help people get back on their feet. But never did I think my family would be on the receiving end of this kind of generosity! Why, I already have two people as members on my blog who I have never met! People who want to know about our journey. That just blows my mind that someone who doesn't know our family cares enough to keep up with us. THANK YOU! We had someone donate $3 to our goal. And while $3 may not sound like much, it is those acts that make a HUGE impact on our certainty that we are right where we are suppose to be, doing exactly what we are suppose to be doing. I didn’t know the person who gave, as far as I know, they don’t know us, they could have read and kept going, but they cared enough to give what they could, and for that I am SO grateful! THANK YOU! We also had someone that I don’t know buy 3 shirts! Again THANK YOU!!! Both Josh’s and my family and friends are going above and beyond what we ever asked or expected, to help us come up with ideas to raise money, get our story out, and pray for us. THANK YOU sooo much! My girls violin teacher asked if she could help put the word out about our adoption and maybe take donations at the Christmas concert for ours and 2 other families adoptions, and not long after that conversation I got a call from the leader of my Bible study asking if our family could be the Christmas project this year to raise money for Nina!! I was blown away and in AWE of the love people have shown to us! Thank you!
When Josh and I talked about doing adoption when we got married, we, like I said in my other posts, were going to wait til the children were older. Our plan was to start saving our money when WE thought we were ready to move forward. But God’s plan is perfect. We are saving as much as we can of our own paycheck, but the price tag is high! We are relying greatly on God using people to help bring our little girl home to us. And so far He has not disappointed! Today in church we sang a song that made me think of the people God has blessed us with through Nina’s adoption. It is called Beautiful Things by Gungor. The lyrics are:

“All around, hope is springing up from this old ground, Out of chaos life is being found in You, Oh you make beautiful things, You make beautiful things out of the dust, You make beautiful things, Oh you make beautiful things out of us…”

Know your gift, no matter the form, or the amount, does NOT go unnoticed or without much gratitude! You have touched our hearts and you are forever apart of the journey of a little 2 ½ year old girl in an orphanage in China. Our little Nina bug.

THANK YOU ALL!!!! Xoxoxoxox

--I have posted the song Beautiful Things in my play list below, as well as some other songs that make me think of our sweet Nina.



  • P.S. Don't forget if you want to order a 31 bag as a Christmas bag you need to have your orders in by the 10th of December!!! Also there are still plenty of shirts available! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment