LOVE

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 1:27


He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves.

Ephesians 1:5-6


Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.

Isaiah 1:17

Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Sad Reality of Truth

Hello ALL!!! If you haven't seen our update on our FB invite-we are moving the ice cream social back a month to give us a little more time to plan. My sister is stepping up in a BIG way to help us do what she does best, PLAN!!! Which is such a HUGE help because, while I can plan for my family, I am not an event planner at all! So thank you Carrie!!! Things are going to be BIG! So pray we can get everything planned and together and that we can get donations for our Chinese auction.
 In other news, I thought I would write today on orphanages. While some of us think we have an idea of what you think you would see, the reality of it breaks my heart! I read the other day of a woman who went to get her little baby and was checking in on a friends baby and was heart broken over the realities of what she saw. The realities of cribs upon cribs of 2 sometimes 3 babies in a crib, starring off in the distance, with no one to comfort or share a smile with. Some rocking back and forth, a sad sign of not having any stimulation in institution life. Some of them being wet or soiled for hours because the lack of help of nannies. Toys being untouched sitting in a corner because no one is available to show them how to use them. Older children just BEGGING for attention from anyone who would give it to them. I will admit, at one time I felt anger towards the nannies that cared for these children. Where were they? Why did these kids have to lay there so long in wet clothes, in freezing temperatures, in some places of China. But the reality is, there are SO many children in one room! Imagine having just one child with special needs. Can you imagine, or do you know the demand that just one child can take? Imagine 100's, all ages of children, and being one of the few nannies to be there. I had a friend say the other day, in her son's orphanage there was 4 nannies that worked there. Two were out sick for a week, leaving 2 to manage the place on their own! Thankfully this particular place doesn't have hundreds of children under their care, but I think you get the picture.

 * You can read the blog here: http://www.chantelleg.blogspot.com/2013/03/orphanage-visit.html?m=1

  I can not wait to hold my sweet girl and let her know how special she is. How LOVED she is! And to be there when she has a cold, or is cold and to fight away the world for her. We are coming sweet girl! With all that we are, and with all that we got, WE ARE FIGHTING FOR YOU!!! In church this morning I prayed that I would be filled. This long process can definitely take the fight out of you if you let it. And we sang a song called All Things Possible by Marc Schultz. I know I've talked about this song before, but I LOVE IT! And I love how God brought it before me this morning, reminding me that "even when I feel like my light is fading, and I have lost my way, still I'm holding on to the one who is making all things possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment