LOVE

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 1:27


He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves.

Ephesians 1:5-6


Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.

Isaiah 1:17

Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Little Light Reading

So to keep everyone updated Isac's paper work has been sent off to China last Tuesday. So now we wait for LOA (Letter Of Approval) for him to come. This process can usually be a 60-90 day wait but some of that wait time is getting logged into China's data base, but we already did that for Nina, so they just have to approval us officially for Isac and then we can move on to the next step. Sadly though, we have NO clue how long this could take. Like I said, we have been told it shouldn't take long since we are already in the system, but there have been so many back ups that it's really hard to know. 

To catch you up with the hold ups. The U.S. side of the process wanted to catch up to the rest of the world and scan in all of our paper work to send it to China instead of waiting for it to get there via snail mail. Well in all the updating, a job that was suppose to take a few days turned into weeks, backing up and holding up more families from moving forward and making more children wait even longer. The system does still have it's kinks, there has been rumors of things getting lost and such, but things are moving...s   l   o   w  l  y...
Well just as soon as things start moving in our systems China started working on theirs and there were set backs. Now the building that everyone has to go through to get Visa's for their children will be closed for 2 weeks as they move to another building. So another slooow down for families. 
Last week we also received medical updates on Isac's and we were so excited to see how he was doing!!! We also learned more about his background which was heartbreaking, but his future is extremely bright! And i can't wait to wrap my arms around this sweet boy!
Last week if you would have asked me I was a mess!!!  I was sad about waiting, I was tired of the process and I was being beaten down left and right. I was tired of feeling stuck and i was letting it get to every part of my present life. My feelings of, "am I going to be good enough to raise these to precious children" "are we ever going to be able to get enough money", "who am I to be called to such an amazing journey"....
But I'm in a good place right now. I have great friends and an amazing husband, (who I might add sees me at my worst and comes home from work to paint a tree on the wall for me in Nina's room) xoxox. 

Nina's room! that reminds me! I'm not ready to reveal all the work I've been doing in her room yet, but we were so blessed to find very sturdy bunk beds for Nina and Anna's room that have dressers in them and they were in our price range!!!!!  AND Josh was able to find van seats that go to our van that turn our van into a 8 passenger van instead of a 7!!!! And again at a very good price! And both of those items were more perfect than what we were hoping for!!! Oh how i love watching God supply all our needs!!!!

While my heart is split between two countries-my babies here and my babies over seas- the verse my pastor gave us to memorize this week will be my go to to get through verse...

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

And as i rest in my Father's arms, I will get there to my babies eventually...


Have a great week everyone!!!! 

PS-If you can pray for a few great friends I've gotten to know through this journey-they will be meeting their babies tonight!!! (Their 8a-1p China time, our midnight time) PRay for their sweet hearts that they will be ready to leave. They will be leaving all they have ever known, seen, heard, smelled and  felt any feelings for. Pray for the new momma's as it may be heartbreaking for some of them to watch their child grieve the loss, and for these sweet children to learn to crave their momma's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment